- Project manage key professional and organisational development projects
- Use your refugee trauma knowledge in professional development design
- Fixed term until December 2018
The Professional & Organisational Development team is highly regarded for the provision of quality professional and organisational development activities about working with refugees and asylum seekers. It comprises of a professional and experienced team who develop and deliver tailored training to organisations in working with people from refugee backgrounds, as well as a training calendar. For more information about at the program click here: http://learn.foundationhouse.org.au/
The Project Worker will deliver on key projects to meet objectives within the strategic plan that focus on both internal and external professional development. This role will have you working on curriculum development for the team, as well as an internal professional development project for our staff. You may also be required to facilitate professional development from time to time.
We are offering a fixed term position working 4 days per week until December 2018 based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You will have highly developed project management skills and be able to juggle multiple projects
- Tertiary qualified in social work, psychology, education, community development or similar will inform your demonstrated understanding of the impact of torture and trauma on refugees and asylum seekers
- You are experienced in the development and delivery of professional development and adult learning principles with a good understanding of Victorian health and community services
- You will be an excellent communicator, having worked successfully with other service providers
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST) provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $82,854, gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Applications for this position close on 8 June 2017
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded below:
Please email applications to Jane Ellis, Human Resources Advisor, at
If you are unable to email please post to: Jane Ellis, Foundation House, 4 Gardiner Street, Brunswick 3056.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Jane Ellis on 9389 8971.