- A practitioner with significant experience working with people from refugee backgrounds
- Deliver specialised professional learning and support organisational development
- 12 month contract, working 4 days per week
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
Professional & Organisational Development (POD) provides short and longer term support to a range of organisations to build their practice and develop effective organisational approaches in working with people from refugee backgrounds, which includes professional learning programs, reflective practice groups and other capacity building activities.
You will be part of a motivated and skilled team of senior practitioners and will be provided with professional development opportunities in order to develop and refine your skills in providing professional development and capacity building activities.
POD Facilitators are senior roles, requiring significant experience in working with refugees and/or asylum seekers and the ability to work in partnership with key agencies in order to improve the health, education and community services sectors capacity to respond to refugees and asylum seekers.
The Facilitator will provide a range of POD activities in support of the broader health, education and community services sectors as well as hold a specific role in developing a community of practice in working with child, adolescent and family refugee young people.
The position is a 12 month maternity leave vacancy to work 4 days per week, with the potential for review and extension at the end of 12 months. The primary focus of the position is the development of content, delivery and evaluation of quality learning and professional development to health and community services.
To be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with people from refugee- backgrounds including a demonstrated understanding of the impact of torture and trauma
- At least 5 years practitioner experience in your field (psychology, social work or other)
- Some experience in the facilitation of professional development to health and community service practitioners
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish working relationships with other service providers including senior staff
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $82,850 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Applications for this position close on 17 April 2017
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded below:
Please email applications to Jane Ellis, Human Resources Advisor, at
If you are unable to email please post to: Jane Ellis, Foundation House, 4 Gardiner Street, Brunswick 3056.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Jane Ellis on 9389 8971.