How does Foundation House work?
Our services are:
- Free – including access to professional interpreters if you require this
- Confidential – we keep your information private, as do the interpreters we use
- Voluntary – you are free to stop being a client at any time for any reason
- Supportive – we support your rights
- Educative – we educate the community about the experiences of refugees.
Have you experienced torture or other traumatic events before you came to Australia?
If so, you may be experiencing problems and you may want to come to Foundation House. It is normal for people to have difficulties as a result of previous experiences of torture or other traumatic events.
You may have noticed:
- Sleep problems
- Thoughts and memories that come into your mind which worry you
- Feeling nervous in many situations
- Not wanting to be around other people
- Poor appetite
- Little interest in doing things
- Feeling that you can’t trust other people
- Problems with thinking and concentration
- Family problems that relate to your experiences
- Problems with learning or remembering.
You may also be concerned about your children if they:
- Have some of the same problems as above
- Are withdrawn, sad, nervous or aggressive
- Play out their bad experiences
- Are very distressed when they are separated from you.
We offer a comprehensive range of services to enable recovery from the consequences of torture or other traumatic events.
- Individual and family counselling
- Client advocacy
- Complementary therapies, e.g. traditional herbal medicine, massage and other natural therapies
- Specialist mental health clinic
- Group programs
- Referral to other services.
How can I access Foundation House Services?
- Phone us on 03 9388 0022 or visit one of our offices
- With your permission, another person such as a doctor, social worker, teacher, family member or friend may contact us on your behalf
- For information on how to find our offices, please click here
- The receptionist will take your name and telephone number and ask if you need an interpreter
- A Foundation House worker will ring you within two working days
Our contact details, a map of how to find us and transport information can be found in the Contact Us section.