- Senior role within a collaborative team
- Support schools working with refugee background students
- Fixed term until December 2017
Schools Support Program works with primary and secondary schools to support staff in their work with students and families of a refugee background. The program develops and maintains relationships with teaching professionals whilst working collaboratively within existing program frameworks to implement capacity building and change processes. For more information about at the program click here: http://www.foundationhouse.org.au/schools-support/
This is a senior position within the team, requiring some day to day management of staff. You will lead the professional learning aspects of the program to deliver best practice, relevant professional learning to ensure consistent content and delivery. A collaborative work environment, working with the team and schools to build a supportive school culture that enhances educational outcomes for students from refugee background. We are offering a fixed term position until December 2017 based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You are experienced in the development and delivery of professional learning, having worked collaboratively with teaching professionals in a school/education sector context
- You will be used to developing and managing content for professional learning through referencing current research and evidence utilising existing frameworks
- You will be an excellent communicator, having worked successfully with stakeholders within partnerships
- You will be a leader in your field, with some experience managing staff
- Knowledge of the issues facing refugee background families will inform your approach to this work
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST) provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $86,260 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Applications for this position close on 28 May 2017.
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded below:
Please email applications to Jane Ellis, Human Resources Advisor, at
If you are unable to email please post to: Jane Ellis, Foundation House, 4 Gardiner Street, Brunswick 3056.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Jane Ellis on 9389 8971.