About the Organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST) provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
Based in the Northern suburbs and reporting to the Regional Manager, this is a diverse and fast paced position requiring you to wear multiple hats and manage various responsibilities. The successful candidate will be someone who is highly organised, calm under pressure and comfortable prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Office coordination experience with ability to lead a small administration team
- Strong office administration skills related to finance administration, facilities management, and provision of client/customer support services
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office programs
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with clients, visitors and staff at all levels within an organisation
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to be sensitive and understand the needs of people from diverse backgrounds including refugee experience
Salary and benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $67,638 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include salary packaging, leave loading, and a range of flexible working options, a highly supportive team environment, excellent training and support.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role
Applications close on 19 November 2017.
Applicants must attach their resume and a cover letter responding to each of the selection criteria above.
For any enquiries regarding the position contact Alpa Lal on 9389 8870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org