- Excellent opportunity to lead and grow in a dynamic environment
- Bring a strategic approach and advanced practice skills relevant to working with refugee survivors of torture and trauma that will inform the design and delivery of high quality professional development programs
- Full time, permanent
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
The highly regarded Foundation House Professional and Organisational Development program supports and enhances the skills and knowledge of individuals, organisations and systems providing services to people who are of refugee backgrounds. The work of the team includes an advertised calendar of events; partnerships with health, community and education providers in the design and delivery of professional learning activities and programs; and design and delivery of professional learning activities for Foundation House staff.
For more information about at the program click here: learn.foundationhouse.org.au
The Manager, Professional Development and Learning is responsible for the strategic development and operational management of this dynamic program, leading the team to support the delivery of high quality and evidence based programs that meet the identified needs of program participants and other stakeholders. The manager will also play a leading role in growing and evolving this program.
This role is based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You have demonstrated leadership abilities with successful experience in managing staff and change processes
- You have demonstrated trauma informed practice skills applicable to working with refugee survivors of torture and trauma
- You have experience in the design and delivery of high quality professional learning with the ability to draw on contemporary practice knowledge
- You are an excellent communicator, including the ability to influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
Salary and Benefits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Applications for this position close at cob 18 March 2019.
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded here: Position Description_Manager_POD
Please email applications to Chris Fitzpatrick, Human Resources, at
If you are unable to email please post to: Chris Fitzpatrick, Foundation House, 4 Gardiner Street, Brunswick 3056.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Sue Casey, General Manager, Sector Development and Partnerships on 9389 8911.