- Based in Brunswick
- Full-time, permanent role
- Excellent Salary and conditions – (Annual salary of $80,413 plus salary packaging benefits and superannuation)
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
The Executive Assistant is a diverse, dynamic and busy role. The role has a prime focus to ensure the CEO is well organised and supported in his role through effective office administration, diary coordination, travel planning, and relationship management. The role also provides general administrative services for some members of the senior leadership group as required. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Correspondence coming in and out of the CEO office
- Executive support to meetings and internal management committees
- External and internal stakeholder liaison
- Undertaking background research and preparing correspondence and briefings as required.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of organisational events and activities
To be successful in this role you will be highly experienced and skilled in the provision of executive support services, be well organised and a great communicator. You will need to be adept at working in a dynamic and fast paced environment in a confidential manner and with high level external stakeholders. It is important to have a personal commitment and values alignment to the mission of Foundation House. An awareness of government structures and decision making processes is desirable.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role
Remuneration is up to $80,413 gross per annum plus employer superannuation contributions. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options, onsite car parking, and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must address the below Key Selection Criteria. EA_PD_JUN_2019
- High level organisational skills – planning, coordination, priority setting, task management and follow through.
- The capacity to strategically assess important issues related to the office of the CEO and the organization as a whole
- The ability to manage complex and sensitive work situations with sound judgement, discretion, and empathy
- Ability to prepare high quality documents, including general correspondence, reports, meeting minutes and presentations with a strong attention to detail
Applications close COB 26 June 2019
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above to Chris Fitzpatrick, Human Resources Officer via
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Chris Fitzpatrick, Human Resources Officer on 9389 8969 or email@example.com