- Based in Brunswick
- Part-Time position (0.4 EFT)
- Friendly and supportive workplace
About the Organisation
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST), also known as Foundation House, provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
The Communications Officer has a key role in developing communications strategy and in conveying the story of the organisation and its work to all stakeholders, internal and external. They have responsibility for the Foundation House website, social media and digital communications. They also support the production of organisational publications.
The key objective of the role is to develop and enhance the internal and external communications capacity and representation of the organisation by:
- Working with the team to develop communications strategy and defining key messages for use across the organisation
- Managing the Foundation House website by updating news, publishing statements and working with the Communications Team to present the website in an appealing and accessible way
- Utilising social media to represent the impact of VFST’s work and advocacy
- Developing and implementing communication strategies to engage members, supporters and key target audiences
- Supporting the development of corporate collateral
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of an intranet and other internal communications platforms and strategies.
The Selection criteria:
- Experience in a similar digital communications role is essential
- Demonstrated capacity to write and produce digital content in line with the organisation’s mission, values and audience
- Advanced computing skills in website content and development platforms
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office, MailChimp and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills – both verbal and written, including highly developed interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the work carried out by Foundation House and its positioning in refugee and other service sectors.
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $78,071 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
Foundation House is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role
Applications for this position close on 15 February 2018
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above to Chris Fitzpatrick via
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Chris Fitzpatrick 9389 8969 or email@example.com