- Based in Sunshine
- Ongoing Part-time 30.4 hours per week (Monday – Thursday)
- Friendly and supportive team environment
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
As an integral member of the Administration team, the Administration and Reception worker will take ownership of a professional and welcoming environment by being the first point of contact for clients both face to face and over the phone. This is a part time position, based in our Sunshine office with onsite parking and close to public transport.
The Selection criteria:
- Previous experience working on a busy reception desk
- Very good face to face and telephone communication skills with sensitivity in working with people from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Intermediate computer skills; word, excel, outlook, database/data entry
- Very good time management skills with the ability to prioritise own work and multi task
- The ability to communicate in a client community language such as Arabic, Sudanese and/or Dinka is highly desirable
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role
Applications must include a personalised cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Applications close cob 31st July 2019
Position description: PD_ReceptionAdmin_WEST_July17
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above to Chris Fitzpatrick via
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Chris Fitzpatrick 9389 8969 or email@example.com