To advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people from refugee backgrounds who have experienced torture or other traumatic events.
- Torture is an unacceptable violation of human rights regardless of the perpetrator or the purposes for which torture is used.
- Survivors of torture have the right to services to support their recovery from the harm inflicted on them.
- Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture (VFST) is independent and not aligned politically, and will denounce the use of torture by any regime.
- We will provide services that support our clients to rebuild their lives and foster their self-determination and independence.
- We will advocate for policies that respect and advance the health, well-being and human rights of refugees and asylum seekers.
- We will maintain a productive, innovative and sustainable culture that supports and strengthens the capacity of our staff.