In commemoration of our 30th anniversary we celebrate our clients and our work in supporting them.
Foundation House provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. It is constituted as a not-for-profit organisation managed by an elected Board of Management. Our work is funded by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments, charitable organisations and donations from private individuals.
• Provide services to clients in the form of counselling, advocacy, family support, group work, psycho-education, information and complementary therapies
• Work with client communities to improve their capacity to access the services they need and to enable them to support recovery
• Offer professional and organisational development, consultancy and resources to assist health, education, employment and other community service providers, to enhance the responsiveness of their services to the needs of people of refugee backgrounds
• Work with the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments to ensure that policies and programs have proper regard to the needs of people of refugee backgrounds
• Conduct and contribute to research about the needs of people of refugee backgrounds and the best possible ways of meeting those needs
Working throughout Victoria, Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas. We have over 200 staff working across five main locations. Our Head Office is located in Brunswick. Our Metropolitan Offices are located in Dallas (Northern), Dandenong (South Eastern), Ringwood (Eastern) and Sunshine (Western). We also provide services in partnership with other agencies in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Mildura, Shepparton, Swan Hill and the Latrobe Valley.
For more information about Foundation House and how we work, please download our stakeholder booklet
Foundation House is a proud member of the Forum of Australian Services for Survivors of Torture and Trauma. FASSTT is a network of Australia’s eight specialist rehabilitation agencies that work to reduce the impact of torture and trauma on individuals, families and communities.